View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 09:32 AM   #33 (permalink)
scottIN
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z
scottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond repute

Fortunately, I had a truck (Ridgeline) prior to the Z. Actually, still have the truck. It's parked at my office (and owned by my company).

Here's my take on it: For me, since I could afford it, it was an easy choice to have a winter vehicle. No stress, no planning, no thinking about 'what if I go somewhere and it starts snowing really hard?' And I don't stress about driving the truck in the winter because I know it's a lot more capable than the Z. I get in it and go. No worries.

So when we start to get snow, I'll park the Z in the garage and get the truck out. And like last winter we had a few times / days that the snow was gone and it wasn't super cold, so I swapped them and drove the Z. One time we got snow when I wasn't expecting it and I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get the Z (summer tires) up to my office - 2 blocks away. Don't even think about trying it with the summer tires.

Now if it was a matter of going to a car with the same capabilities as the Z (with snow tires), I'd probably just drive the damn thing and be done with it. But a 6,000 lbs. 4 wheel drive with 14" of ground clearance definitely tops the Z for winter abilities. Snow tires or not.
scottIN is offline   Reply With Quote