View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 08:27 AM   #23 (permalink)
4r3s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Touring 370z
4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute

I've been doing the summer/winter tire setup for the past few years. It is definitely doable in light amounts of snow but it is nerve racking. I bought a house last year so I now have a garage to park the Z in and I cringe every time I have to drive it around in just rain since it is my DD. I've decided that I would prefer a second vehicle to be my winter car to keep the Z nice and so I can actually buy things a bring them home like say a garbage can.

You'll be fine in most situations with the winter tire setup if you treat it as a means to get home if the weather starts to get bad. After all its a RWD car, no tires will ever change that and RWD cars are relatively way more difficult than FWD or AWD to handle in poor weather. It will not make you like an SUV where you can go out in a reasonable snow storm to pick up milk and bread. If you can afford a beater car, that is the best route to go in my opinion.

Last edited by 4r3s; 10-14-2013 at 08:29 AM.
4r3s is offline   Reply With Quote