Thread: Denver Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #373 (permalink)
SurfDog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 6mt, 13 Sequoia,
SurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Track day 11 October 2013

I just returned from HPR and had a great day. I ran with two guys with Facory 5 kit Cobras!!!! Super cool guys with amazing Cobra cars. Also there was a random (non the370z.com member) 370 guy named Kim out there. We all had a great 8-noon session. (kim is probably still out there turning and burning, he bought an all day pass)

I will post some track footage soon.

My only two tech comments Are:

1. I wore soo much pad of my front (HPR plus) brakes that my fluid level dropped in the brake reservoir, and I got ABS, VDC, and BRAKE light illumination right at the end of my day. I recommend bringing extra brake fluid to top off if you push your brakes as hard as I do (ie VERY HARD)

2. For the second track day in a row, I experienced "Fuel starvation" on turn 2 at half tank. (again right at the end of my day). Luckily I was able to straighten out and regain power. I added 5 gallons from a jug which brought me to 3/4 tank and no more problems after that. I definitely recommend topping off tank in morning and bringing at least 5 gallons extra gas for a morning session. Kim filled up at the track at 9 bucks a gallon which got REEEALY expensive, poor guy...

All and all another GREAT day at HPR! Stay tuned for some track video of me chasing around the kit cobras over the next couple days. (I have to extract from the track app and upload to YouTube over my slow internet Which will take some time... maybe by Sunday!)
09 6spd Berk CBE, JWT cams, ZSpeed CSC, Stillen (25 row oil, brake cooling, sways, gen3 CAI), Passport (9500ci), Quaife LSD, Z1 400 hp kit, ss lines, pads, rotors, clutch etc, Phunk's pan and fuel starve fix
SurfDog is offline   Reply With Quote