View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #27 (permalink)
Guard Dad
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Silver A7
Guard Dad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger123 View Post
Well the general consensus here is that this is snake oil with the exception of UNKNOWN370Z.

Guard Dad, since you have a 7AT, did you notice any difference with the shifting as pointed out by UNKNOWN370Z?
I can't honestly say that it made a difference. But I wouldn't rule it out. Here is my take on it:

I have a great deal of respect for Stillen and their products because they are a "real company" with a track record and their products seem to stand up to scrutiny on the dyno and in the real world.

You wouldn't think that additional grounding would be necessary but if your factory grounding is anything less than perfect for any reason this should make a difference. With modern electronics once in a while little things can make all the difference. Perhaps this could be better thought of as a proactive measure to prevent problems as a much as one designed to solve them. If your car sees rain or road salt that might compromise the factory set up the grounding kit could be money well spent.

My car is for the most part a fair weather car that that has only 12k miles in 3 years so I can't talk about track performance and so forth, but my AT7 is a delight and the more I use the manual mode the more I love it.