View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 03:48 PM   #52 (permalink)
AMCPacer
Base Member

Drives: AMC Pacer
AMCPacer is on a distinguished road

I learned my lesson that it's better to lose some time and let someone by than to risk squeezing through to save a few seconds. Although it's not your fault, the consequences are a bitch to deal with. In retrospect, it may have been better to have let this woman make her right turn first before making your left.

I had a '95 Z28 that came along side to the right of a truck stopped at a signal who left about 7 ft between his car and the curb at this intersection. It was one of those narrow streets w/out any lane markers. I was going to make a right at the intersection. The truck looked like either he was going straight or make a left turn. He did not have his blinkers on. When I was to his right ready to make a turn, all of a sudden, I hear this crunch, and he was made a right turn right into me and hit my left front fender. I called the cops to take a police report. The officer, (whom I use the term loosely), took my side of the incident, and sent me away. When I picked up the report later and talked w/ the other person's insurance, I was told it was my fault b/c the officer drew the diagram incorrectly and put the blame on me. I was pissed. It took a long time and effort, but eventually I prevailed, and the blame was placed on the other driver. I did receive a check for my damages. I learned my lesson not to try to rush, and squeeze through a small space to save a little time.

Anyways, my condolences to you, and I hope that bitch has what's coming to her.
AMCPacer is offline   Reply With Quote