View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #61 (permalink)
Haboob
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 GTI Autobahn DSG
Haboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSol View Post
Sorry but everyone Ive ever met that was given hand outs by their parents turned out to be a brat. If you dont buy it yourself, you dont ever really appreciate it.

My father has always had wealth, but Ive bought every single car since I was 16 without his help, I paid for my own college, and it taught me to appreciate all I have. When my kids are 16, Ill do the exact same thing.
Completely disagree.

To this day my parents still spoil me.

Sure, I've bought and done things on my own (a home, my Z, vacations, etc.)

Do I not appreciate what I have? No, everything I have I appreciate and do my best to take care of. If/when I have kids, they will get everything (and more) that I received.

Sometimes I think I'm selfish/cheap when it comes to money, but it's more self preservation for things I want to do/have.

Of course I still ask for expensive stuff from my parents for Xmas/Birthday too.
Haboob is offline   Reply With Quote