View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
BrianMSmith
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, Ducati 748S
BrianMSmith will become famous soon enoughBrianMSmith will become famous soon enough
Default Koni shocks installed

09 touring sport package, with standard springs at 70k miles, softest damping setting (as delivered). the result is a sensation of calmness in the car's handling and response, providing vastly better confidence into and through corners, and more precision. The standard shocks were not blown, but probably well past their best, still I think with the Konis handling much better than new. The ride quality is also better, a bit firmer at low speed maybe, but smoother riding at high speed (which makes sense when you look at the damping profiles). Also installed new two piece brake rotors and hawk ceramic pads which vastly improve braking feel over standard. I have never felt much pleasure in braking before in my life, until now...makes me want to go faster down the straights just so I can crank on the brake full blast and whip it into the bends. Also added new Mich pilot super sport tires, which are much quieter, and on the limit much more precise than my completely shot conti DWs, which were good but a bit soft on the limit.
BrianMSmith is offline   Reply With Quote