View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 10:48 AM   #16 (permalink)
TXSpeedDemon
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, MSP, R8, 335
TXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcherry20 View Post

We got the mechanical rotary lock...we didn't want to worry about the electronics failing on the digital ones.
Not a real concern. Most electrical keypad ones (like mine) come with keys that can open the safe. It doesn't allow for quick entry, you have to use a screwdriver to remove a panel to access the key slot, but does allow for entry if needed. Keys are small enough to be hidden anywhere in the house. Plus the electronic one has a battery meter (flashing light) that helps you know when to replace the batteries.

I didn't go with a big one, mine is only about 2-3 cubic feet inside. Big enough for all our important documents, 2 pistol cases, all the ammo for both pistols and my shotgun, and some cash and gold for emergencies. I don't keep my shotgun in there, but I keep all the ammo for it inside. So while it could be stolen, it can't be used against me during a home invasion.

I'm in the market now for a really small biometric one. I currently keep my Taurus Judge loaded in my bedside table. But my 10month old daughter has started going through every drawer in the house so I need something that gives me super quick access without letting her have it.
TXSpeedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote