View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 01:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
TX_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: American
TX_370 has a reputation beyond reputeTX_370 has a reputation beyond reputeTX_370 has a reputation beyond reputeTX_370 has a reputation beyond reputeTX_370 has a reputation beyond reputeTX_370 has a reputation beyond reputeTX_370 has a reputation beyond reputeTX_370 has a reputation beyond reputeTX_370 has a reputation beyond reputeTX_370 has a reputation beyond reputeTX_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh@z1 View Post
In most states it is illegal to have your car in Neutral while on the road. When I was a young Georgia transplant I was heavy into lawbooks (amongst other things) and of course learning to drive.
The rule states your car must be in gear with your foot on the clutch at all times while stopped. Also there are specifics about coasting (car in neutral) at highway speeds which I cant recall at the moment.
You got any links? I'd really like to know about this because i was taught in driving school (what 8 years ago? something like that) that it is reccommended that your car is put into nuetral at all stops. The idea behind this is that 'if' you were to get hit in the back it wouldnt fuck up your transmission.