View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 10:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
vipor
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo 09-0183 QAB
vipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond repute

The 1500rpm start is fine, but I've been shooting for the 1100 mark instead. Really depends on if you're going uphill (go for more rpms then). 1st gear in the Z can be jerky, so just get used to it.

When stuck on a small hill I like to play with my clutch and rock with the music to pass the time. Gets you a better feel for where your engauge point is, but I'm sure it does put unneccessary wear on the clutch.

There have been many times where I just hold the gas and clutch just right to keep the rpms about 1k and not move while on a hill waiting for the cars in front of me to move. Anything to fight the monotony

2009 NISMO # 0193 | QAB | Albums! | 05.04.10 (Dynojet) 291.94hp/248.28tq
Oil Cooler (DIY) | Custom Headlights | GTSPEC Braces | F.I. Long Tube Headers

Last edited by vipor; 10-22-2009 at 10:52 AM. Reason: bad engrish!
vipor is offline   Reply With Quote