Thread: Ask a cop
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 08:52 PM   #70 (permalink)
Wonka2581
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: MY WIFE CRAZY....
Wonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElVee View Post
1) What position do you have for people who legally carry a handgun in their car? Good idea, risky? Should that fall under conceal carry, since I doubt anyone should leave a gun in an unattended car? Are there better alternatives for personal safety? My personal opinion is that a gun is a situation escalator, not a situation diffuser.

2) When I see a cop in a car either while driving, stopped at a stoplight, or just sitting along the road, should I wave? I know cops are people, too, and I want to be friendly and supportive, but I also don't want to draw unnecessary attention to myself (not that I'm doing anything bad) nor want to have a wave be mistaken for a more rude gesture or plea for attention/help. (Yeah, I'm in introvert!)

3) Thank you for keeping us safe. Law enforcement is too often heralded as an annoyance, but it's the rules and keeping people in them that backbones our culture and morals.
I wish all poeple who are able to carry would carry. Guns are safe people hurt people. Always follow your local laws on gun carry. And a weapon should only be pulled and used if it is a life or death situation. I could go into this for ever but trying to keep it short and simple. 2nd amendment is for good.

Wave or stop and say hello if you want to, we are people too. I ahve people wave and stop me to say hi all the time, Its kinda nice to get that some times from people. And your welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbrah View Post
My buddy wants to be a police officer, he just graduated college with degree in criminal justice, any tips for him to get his start in the field?
He has a degree thats a good thing. Its probly one of the hardest jobs to get. Just tell him not to give up he will get it. It took my 3 years of trying before I got in.

I thought I would share this with everyone,

What is a policeman - Paul Harvey - YouTube

This is a website that has every Fallen brother's and sisters who has made the ultimate sacrifice, It gets updated daily.

Officer Down Memorial Page (ODMP)