Thread: Ask a cop
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #65 (permalink)
Cbtech
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th Anniversary
Cbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbrah View Post
Actually he's right, my last ticket (speeding) I HAD to pay the fine upfront prior to my court date, it was Mandatory. However the judge dismissed my charges because the officer didn't show approx. 2 months after the trial I received a refund check

Edit: I'm in Orange County, so maybe different laws where you're at.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dP3NGU1N View Post
That hasn't been my experience at all. I regularly fight my tickets and court clerks WILL NOT schedule you a court date before you pay your fine. If you win your case the money is then mailed back to you in the form of a check. Ofcourse that check comes roughly 8-10 months after you win because our system is just that efficient.

I've contested the notion of paying my ticket first on several occasions. All of which ending in - pay and see a judge OR don't pay and be delinquent.

So in this case, sir, you are wrong. As far as LA county is concerned anyway, it might be different up north.
This MUST be a Orange county thing then (which is fucked up) but i have gotten tickets by CHP and they also give you a court date. One is from CHP and the other is city both dont impose a fine.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ticket.jpg (123.2 KB, 151 views)
File Type: jpg ticket2.jpg (157.3 KB, 152 views)