View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 01:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
darli328
Base Member

Drives: 370Z
darli328 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 to 332 View Post
I also experienced this problem on my 2013 Z. It appeared after about 200 to 300 miles, lasted for a couple of days and then disappeared. Based on a quick inspection, it appeared that the push rod in the pedal assembly was catching on something in the master cylinder. Anyway, with what I read in the forum about problems with clutch shudder and feel, I said forget this and went with the RJM pedal assembly. If you can put up with the 3-4 hours installing the RJM assembly in very cramped quarters, it is well worth it. The clutch pedal operation and feel are much improved over stock, with a virtual absence of any shudder. The push rod operates smoothly, with no sticking or catching.The installation instructions were clear. I highly recommend it. That said, it you prefer to stay with the stock assembly, I'd have the problem checked out while the vehicle is under warranty.
Been out of town at a wedding, thanks for all the replies everyone. Tomorrow I'll get a flashlight and look to see if the pedal is hitting anything. I drove the car briefly today and didn't notice the sound, so go figure.
I've never heard of the RJM pedal assembly but after googling it real quick sounds like a good might. I might actually get this...
darli328 is offline   Reply With Quote