View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #391 (permalink)
Joepro
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Company car
Joepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eighties Meta View Post
I will be trading it and just eating it. I didnt want massive power. I wanted it to be right at 400 bhp or roughly 335-340 whp. No part out. The quaife was the best mod, spend the money, that is worth it.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Dyno queens own supras....j/k...no but really...OK

If you are truly unhappy with the car as a whole, that is what you should do, but many here have already told you how to hit that number if that is really what you want...Ditch the m370 and dyno in the winter, problem solved.

How many NA z's have even broken 13 in the 1/4? You did it before the headers and retune, running high 12's in a fun street car I think is more than acceptable...this car is not cheap to mod, I think we all know that, but parts can be bought and re sold...I buy as much as I can used as long as it is in good shape, that save a ton of cash. Between tuning and "HP" mods I bet I have 4000k or a tad more in the car(including purchase price of the car I would say 32k overall with all mods, and for that price point I cannot find another newer car I would rather drive, but that is me) and at 322 whp, but oh well thus is life, still most stock z's put down what 270-280 bone stock on a dyno jet? That is roughly at 40-50 hp gain....here comes the boost argument... Cheapest kit is stillen which nets just over 400 whp, is not to terribly reliable(and looks like hell, sorry it does), and do not forget about supporting boost mods that are needed, its not as cheap as people think, to boost these cars properly I estimated 10k with a gtm 1.5 sc kit and supporting mods, tuning etc, that's with me doing the labor...even at that point how many cars will put down over 500whp for just over 40k(in my case I paid 26.5 for the car)) and still have all the Z has to offer?

I have a friend and co work that has over 15k in his civic si, and it put don 221 whp and run 14's, he has as much in his car as I do mine, but he LOVES his car and is proud of his mods and hard work, that is what it is about.

I could go on, but it seems you are using this "failure" (which it is not) as an excuse to ditch the car. If you are unhappy with the car, by all means, do it, just don't buy a friggin mustang, so tired of seeing them, and no I do not care they are faster, and BTW I know a guy with a new 5.0 with intake, exhaust flash and is only running 12.6-12.8 consistently...

and finally, the Z is NOT A 1/4 MILE CAR, buy suspension parts and make it a street go cart, a good set of sways,coils and tires you have a darn good handling car.

Last edited by Joepro; 08-24-2013 at 09:33 AM.
Joepro is offline   Reply With Quote