View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 07:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrvaxx View Post
I have been struggling deciding on a wing, or diffuser I guess. I don't want a high wing. They are too much. But my impression is that diffusers are from a performance standpoint worthless and mini-whale tails just don't do it for me (although they perform).

So I was looking for something in the middle and finally found it but am now questioning myself. I was looking at the Impul wing but started to wonder if it was too low to get the downforce of a high wing and with the space between wing and hatch, wouldn't perform as well as beefed up diffuser.

I plan on going FI in the spring and road tracking the car 4 times a year so I'd like to get 'some' help back there.

Any thoughts? I'd also take suggestions on other options. Thanks.

I think this wing is more for aesthetic purposes than anything else. If you really think you need some aero help at the rear I would look elsewhere at one of the purpose built downforce wings. Otherwise these aesthetic wings probably won't do any more (probably less) than what the NISMO wing does, which is provide a little bit of downforce at speed... but really not much.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote