View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #42 (permalink)
Sh0velMan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Noisily.
Sh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
That is what I was planning on running, I very rarely see over 205-210 water temps unless I am stuck in bumper to bumper traffic for 20 minutes.
My oil cooler is a bit annoying, there are lines running to migrate the oil filter to the other side of the oil pan, and then my oil cooler itself is located underneath the driver side headlight tucked away. Venting that fender liner would probably do more benefit cooling wise than fan speed change.

Saw your next post, I have the CSF radiator, lasted a year with stock before I upgraded.
So yeah you probably need to vent the fender for sure (forgot that the GTM setup moves the cooler there) and think about adding a compact fan there for it if you get into issues. Fan speed will have zero (positive) effect on your oil cooler, so you can focus just on coolant temps.

With the CSF you should be able to use a table like the one I posted and have a reasonable expectation of the car keeping itself under 200 deg. With the stock table...not so much. I think it's an emissions thing or something that makes Nissan run the temps so high, but the car definitely pulls timing and makes less power when you let the temps get that high... Now what I have no data on is what voltage is being reported when you are running your A/C.

Can we even log that?

Because it may be running your fans wide open already in traffic if you have the A/C on and it's a billion degrees outside. You could at least log the duty cycle and see where that is landing?