View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #34 (permalink)
andre12031948
Banned

Drives: 08 350z black 6m/t
andre12031948 has a spectacular aura aboutandre12031948 has a spectacular aura aboutandre12031948 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy View Post
Its a awkward position. Does the car continue on a normal path of depreciation or does the new price drastically affect the depreciation, who knows. It's tough to pick a perspective, but at the end of the day i dont think used 370Zs will alter in price too much.

I actually JUST paid off the car within a year of actually purchasing/financing it.

The OTD price is 24k. They are giving me 11.7k. My car is worth 10k MAX to a dealer, so what they did was up the value of my car to bring us to even terms instead of lowering the price of the 370z.

Basically, i'm assuming that the 370z is costing me 22.5k ish. Which i believe is a fair deal considering how much 370z are going for in my area for the past 6 months. Maybe its more expensive/cheaper in other states.

Sorry for the confusion. I understand that i should've made it clear from the beginning. My mind works in weird ways when it comes to money.

The drive to the dealership is 3 hours away so its been tough to haggle on prices over the phone, because of this i'm going to have to wait until Tuesday to do the paperwork and have the most glorious 3 hour drive home in my life.
Thank you for clearing it up. It's nice to see a person that understands their car deal, like REAL trade value & what they are showing you and where that money comes from Good job & the best of luck.
I'm against buying extended warranties, but in your case the five year powertrain is almost over. Won't give you advice because you seem to know what you're doing, however if you do get one(after negotiating on it to avoid hassle & pain try to get a Nissan warranty.....
andre12031948 is offline   Reply With Quote