View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 09:23 AM   #348 (permalink)
Baer383
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: My foot up your azz
Baer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted_mx5 View Post
What was so general about my statement? A car will run at idle or regular (non-boosted) driving at practically any afr. You could cruise full lean of you want or dump fuel into the 10's. Should you do that? No but it won't kill it. Yes you want to aim around 14.7:1 for idling and cruising but there are variances that will make that impossible to do that all the time.

Boost is a different story. But why would running .2 more air effect it to the point od being up driveable? Guess what it won't. It won't blow the engine up. Will it be sub optimal? Maybe Idk I dont have enough time on a dyno with the car.

Again I was posting limits, so he could ease his mind. Like "oh its not exactly 11.5:1 no worries" now if it starts creeping past then in full boost then its time to go back to a tuner.

Like I said in the previous post you don't have that much time FI with this car ,when you go tune your buddies single turbo richen up the top end and watch what happens
As far as genral I told you Dm will worry if you don't give him info that is on the money there is nothing wrong with your afr statement but you don't post on this thread enough to understand the full impact of my statement "on the money"

754 rwhp 747 rwtq
Baer383 is offline   Reply With Quote