View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 09:12 AM   #347 (permalink)
boosted_mx5
Base Member

Drives: 01 Miata
boosted_mx5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baer383 View Post
You don't if you and your buddy have only tuned 1 FI 370 thats not enough to make a that much of a general statement,Dmhenderson worries enough about his car and now it's FI even more so,any info that is not close to on the money is not helpful in this thread.
What was so general about my statement? A car will run at idle or regular (non-boosted) driving at practically any afr. You could cruise full lean of you want or dump fuel into the 10's. Should you do that? No but it won't kill it. Yes you want to aim around 14.7:1 for idling and cruising but there are variances that will make that impossible to do that all the time.

Boost is a different story. But why would running .2 more air effect it to the point od being up driveable? Guess what it won't. It won't blow the engine up. Will it be sub optimal? Maybe Idk I dont have enough time on a dyno with the car.

Again I was posting limits, so he could ease his mind. Like "oh its not exactly 11.5:1 no worries" now if it starts creeping past then in full boost then its time to go back to a tuner.
boosted_mx5 is offline   Reply With Quote