View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 01:06 AM   #33 (permalink)
Holy
Base Member

Drives: 6 MT 370z MB
Holy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre12031948 View Post
No matter what model Camry you're trading, it's not worth anywhere near 11,700. Last year you paid RETAIL price of 11.5 so a year later the wholesale price should be around 8K+ or - because of different models.

That means good news, you are paying less for the Z than you think. They took money from their Z & added it to the trade.

What I don't understand is how others pay $20k+ for a 2009 base model Z.

If 2014 base Z's can be had for under $30k, why would anybody pay real money for an 09????? IT'S ALMOST 5 YEARS OLD!!!!

I also would not buy a Z with after market exhaust. Since most guys add exhaust to their car for the sound. Most of those cars are always accelerated just to hear the sound. 30k of that driving gives the car 80k worth of wear.

Its a awkward position. Does the car continue on a normal path of depreciation or does the new price drastically affect the depreciation, who knows. It's tough to pick a perspective, but at the end of the day i dont think used 370Zs will alter in price too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre12031948 View Post
Are you saying that they are giving you 11.7 after your out of door price????

Can you show us how the order is/will be written? with the trade & taxes.

Right now it's very confusing

One more please. Did you pay cash last year for the Toyota?

I just checked Camry value & I was wrong/low on my appraisal(sorry).
I actually JUST paid off the car within a year of actually purchasing/financing it.

The OTD price is 24k. They are giving me 11.7k. My car is worth 10k MAX to a dealer, so what they did was up the value of my car to bring us to even terms instead of lowering the price of the 370z.

Basically, i'm assuming that the 370z is costing me 22.5k ish. Which i believe is a fair deal considering how much 370z are going for in my area for the past 6 months. Maybe its more expensive/cheaper in other states.

Sorry for the confusion. I understand that i should've made it clear from the beginning. My mind works in weird ways when it comes to money.

The drive to the dealership is 3 hours away so its been tough to haggle on prices over the phone, because of this i'm going to have to wait until Tuesday to do the paperwork and have the most glorious 3 hour drive home in my life.

Last edited by Holy; 08-18-2013 at 01:10 AM.
Holy is offline   Reply With Quote