View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #38 (permalink)
Mt Tam I am
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z T/S/N 6MT & XKE
Mt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond repute
Default this is where it gets retarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minsu View Post
So coming home from the mall....im in sixth and cars are coming to a full stop ahead of us, i clutch in drop to N while my foot is still on clutch this is where it gets retarded, so my girl flips out saying "OMG STOP" and at this point im letting off the clutch because the traffic isnt moving and she pulls my shift hand and make me shift into fourth as im letting off the clutch...sigh, car stalls, in fourth gear....heard a little gear grinding just a little but yea any repercussions stalling in fourth?
this is where it gets retarded: From 6th to N to a stop.

In neutral do not coast with the clutch in. While approaching stopped traffic use the gears to assist in (sudden) braking. The GF was wrong to put you in a gear but you should have been in gear already. From 6th to N to a stop.
Nissan Motorsports 34R Oil Cooler. Stillen CBE. Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars. KW Variant 3 Coilover System. Stillen Gen3 CAI. Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Stillen Brake Ducts. Carbotech™ XP10/XP8 Pads. Z1 Front Rotors. Z1 Stainless Brake Lines. Two degrees of camber
Mt Tam I am is offline   Reply With Quote