View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #454 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Couple of things on the Z:

I hand polished part of the roof last night. It definitely takes some elbow grease, and I think I will be borrowing my buddy's porter cable RO to do larger areas (I know... many of you right now are saying "DUH!" ). I went at it with a Meguiar's Compound pad and their Rubbing Compound (for hand use only). I focused on a grouping of three specific water spots and a very light but several inches long scratch. I put down three applications, starting with very light pressure, then light pressure, then medium pressure. I either didn't use enough product or I was rubbing too much because it was pretty difficult to remove after each application - I'm chalking it up to lack of experience. When I was done with the Rubbing Compound, I moved over to the Polishing Compound (also for hand use only) and their polishing pad. I did one application of this before waxing. I am pleased with the results as I removed about 60% of the scratch and 80% of the water spots. I suspect a good DA will take care of them no problem. My main question is the best product to use. Does anyone know of a good resource that compares the different levels of abrasiveness in various products for paint correction?

Next, this morning I pushed in the clutch pedal to start the car and it seemed to be very light with a shorter than normal travel distance I didn't think too much of it, and wanted to see how it drove. However, I proceeded to nearly stall backing out of the garage and then did stall shifting into first For the record, I have only stalled this car twice previously (once within the first two weeks of purchase and most recently, last fall when I was on a very steep incline and not paying enough attention). So I pulled back into the driveway and checked a few things. The first thing I noticed is my clutch fluid is low. I will fill that up later today, but I'm worried that it's not the culprit (can anyone say CSC? I bet Alchemy can ). Are these symptoms likely a result of low clutch fluid? I've never had this particular problem any of my other MT cars.

Last and definitely least, I found out where a little plastic bolts goes that Melody found on the Z floorboard just a few weeks after purchase. I've had it sitting around without a clue as to where it goes. Well this morning when I was checking out the clutch pedal assembly, I noticed that there is a missing bolts for the dead pedal that holds it to the firewall. I didn't bother to reinstall it yet, but I will today or tomorrow
you had a busy day. but that clutch is how many miles do you have on your car? and do you track it?

good find on where that plastic bolt goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haboob View Post
Golfing today after work. Gonna see if we can sneak 18 holes in (not sneak it in 18 holes...) before it gets dark.

If not, it's only $15 so no biggie. Exec. course too, so it should be quick.
when is your wheels coming back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isamu View Post
just killed the gym again... putting up a new personal best for bench... so many gains... I love it
nice!