View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 08:16 AM   #9322 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaZ View Post
Found myself in a similar situation when I installed a new dryer vent in my house. Holding a Sawzall, It took many deep breaths and repeating to myself "okay, hole in house... it's gonna be okay" several times before I made the cuts to expand the pilot hole.
I know what you're going through man!
I had a hole in my wall nearly the size of the Z less than a month after purchasing our house

I was installing a motorized TV wall mount over the fire place and running wiring for power, A/V inputs, and speaker wiring for front and center channels. However, I had help from a guy who had significant experience with his own house. BFG is absolutely right about the first cut. It's the hardest, but once it's done you just keep moving forward

I always think I can do everything myself and just lack the proper tools in many cases. However, just before I actually commit to a project, I try to go through all the steps and think about where I might have the most trouble. If necessary, I have a professional or friend already lined out to help and/or fix my mistakes just in case. With the car, I always have to be prepared for worst case because it's my DD. Working on the house isn't a big deal unless I'm screwing with major systems like electrical or mechanical for more than a few hours (just have to put up with the wife getting irritated with the construction when it takes longer than the "few hours" you originally told her ).

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |