View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 07:37 AM   #9318 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurneyeagle View Post
Actually, I have measured at least five times. I've cut out templates as a guide for each side, and have fit the templates to the ducts numerous times.

Once I get the duct tubes/reducers sized properly, it should just be a matter of lining up the templates on the bumper, marking the cut line and firing-up the Dremel.

The bumper seems super-soft, so that shouldn't really present a problem; it's just the unknow of cutting my $400 bumper + paint + clear bra that is making me anxious/cautious.

I've really over-thought this, but I just want to do it right. Rusty has been incredibly gracious with answering my questions. Having someone with his skill level do this already has been a god-send for me.

Haven't you cut/trimmed your bumper Gale?

I didn't need to do any cutting on this bumper, but have done similar work in the past and it sounds like you've done all the necessary due diligence. Speaking from past experience, making the first cut is the hardest part. It's easier after that because you just put yourself in a do or die type of situation. Review your game plan one more time, take a deep breath, and take the plunge. I don't think you'll have any issue seeing this project through to completion and to your satisfaction