View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
speedfreek
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 370Z PW 6sp
speedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOFATCHX View Post
Surprisingly there was no notation on Z1s site about needing support hardware, as mentioned this was a recent purchase. I had some other fitment issues with the lip so I'm unlikely to put more time or effort into it. Shoulda went with the Sunline lip : /

This is a shame because I've considered a full bumper change and one bumper I do like is Stillen but.... due to this situation Ill be avoiding their products going forward.
I believe this to be a breakdown in communication from Stillen and not a reflection of how Z1 conducts their business. As you see I got this information from them directly. They are not going to send support rods for old stock to all the vendors who carry the lip. If you ordered it directly from Stillen you may have gotten the support rods. But in my case I am not going to run support rods anyway and chose to take a chance on doing the mod as mentioned in my post above.

I understand how you feel about the company after having a bad experience with one of their products. But as others have mentioned minus the shortcomings of the lip and supercharger they do make some good products i.e. G3 intakes. Members are running the full bumper without any major issues with fitment... your mileage may vary on this as well though.

The only other lip that is in this price range that you may consider is the Ings+1 rep from Nextmod.com. Or if you like the Evo-R lip. To me in order to run the Sunline lip you need to run the full lip kit, otherwise it looks like a snow plow or shovel attached to the front IMO.