View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 10:18 PM   #5376 (permalink)
Joepro
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Company car
Joepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischhorn View Post
CSC = clutch slave cylinder.
Launching constantly without much of a cool down on OEM fluid, you probably just boiled it. No need to change it after it cools down its fine. You should change it to higher temp brake fluid like RBF600 With a SS clutch line to avoid it happening. Its still possible it could happen but much less likely and it will take much longer to do. CSC failure your pedal will hit the ground and your fluid will be low. Would not return to normal after a cool down period.
I agree with all of that but I would not risk it... It is going to go with that type of use and that is a classic symptom of the CSC sticking... I have boiled fluid in both systems in many cars never had a clutch pedal stick it gets really soft but never stuck... Regardless the OP would do some CSC research and get a zspeed CSC in there and the clutch and flywheel while your at it. Love my zspeed/ south bend setup. Talk to joe at zspeed he had great knowledge of the z clutch system.