View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #28 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan370z View Post
difference from 6MT to 7MT is less than 5%.
There was a guy here who were doing that research which I forgot his name. My guess was 3% more drivetrain loss on the 7AT Vs the 6MT.

as far as the VVEL tuning , they did said they couldn't do much with it. need more time learning to tune it properly I suppose.

Mike had this exhaust that was modified with glasspack muffler
60mm exhaust . Invidia Gemini

Spoon did like 32Xwhp with a very similar setup but with 2x 70mm exhaust. Its where I think he lost power because of that.

then again Dyno are a tuning tool ,, unless you go for some pull on that same dyno where Mike's Z went, with the same seting and everything, we cant know for sure if you are or he is making the most power.
yea i know it's not a big percent hence why i said i didnt believe when i read somewhere saying it was 15%

based on the VVEL tuning not being really useful yet that still makes me wonder what they did to pull 342whp.

i doubt glasspacks help with HP pretty sure thats a sound mod lol
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote