View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 07:27 AM   #54 (permalink)
wheee!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: cars. lots of cars.
wheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond repute

There has been at least three others with this same issue resolved by doing this same thing. The contacts do not need to 'look' dirty to be not making good electrical contact. Mine 'looked' clean. I measured resistance with an ohm meter and found the reading to be anything from open to fluctuating around 75 ohms. After a quick clean with emery paper between the contacts, every connection I tested after that was a dead short and upon re-assembling and testing the car it has not repeated the delay once.
I understand your hesitation to accept this as a solution as it seems too simple, but it is just that. Simple. Try it!

H&R / Stillen / Berk / HKS / Swift / Michelin / UpRev / SPC / Amuse Rep / Seibon / Fringe XVO / TWM / more...
My Journal
wheee! is offline   Reply With Quote