View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 10:34 AM   #5933 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo89 View Post
I wish! its been pouring! and uh oh... I spoke too soon lol it just started raining again haha.
lol, is global warming to blame?

damn, my coffee machine broke down...damn global warming!
damn, my maytag broke... damn global warming!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haboob View Post
Yep. 19 of the "Hot Shots". So they didn't have any water or tanker trucks. They were out there trying to build a fire line to prevent it from spreading further towards the population. They had to dig in and cover themselves in their foil-like wrap (not sure what it's called) and hope that the fire passes over...

It didn't.

One of the worst jobs and most physically demanding too. They have to hike up through the mountain/hills/dried brush.
dang, that' really sucks. wind direction can change at any given time so back up of a backup of a backup of a backup is probably needed. that's kinda like that veteran tornado chaser guy who passed away earlier this spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo89 View Post
yea, was watching the news this morning, those 19 firefighters went into their survival suits, designed to protect them from fire and something happened to the suits or whatever and the suits didn't protect them like they are designed to do. The Suits are used only as a last resort in a dire situation until the fire passes over. and something clearly didn't go as planned with their suits...
that is sad news.

suit manufacturer has some explaining to do...