View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #30 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by YzGyz View Post
That looks and sounds like a SUPER FUN DAY!!! I would drive the HELL out of the car. That video was interesting. I have never tracked before but watching the lead cars lines, breaking, and accell points was cool! You can really compare the average person's break/accell timing. Daily drivers obviously break a lot earlier thus loosing speed around corners and thus have to use more throttle out of the turn to catch up. Interesting indeed.
Its was super fun, and following the instructors and listening to their comments over the radio was extremely interesting. Limit braking was the one thing that I don't think really transferred to the track. During the six laps in my own Z, I always felt like I could go much deeper, especially Turn 1 which is a large uphill approach. It was interesting that I felt that way despite braking to a slower speed than necessary on most turns and not taking them at the highest possible speed (especially Turn 1). I know that part of this was I had a lot more faith in my braking ability after replacing my front rotors and pads and brake fluid last Tuesday.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote