View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 10:44 PM   #5100 (permalink)
happytheman
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: MB 6M Tour/Sport Z34
happytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond repute

Whoa! What's up with this woman?

AUSTIN, Texas -- An Austin dog owner is facing felony charges after losing control at a dog park in North Austin.
According to her arrest affidavit, 46-year-old Rebecca Trammell is charged with the second degree felony of aggravated assault.
Austin police say they received a disturbance call from the Canyon Creek Apartments' dog park. They found that a woman, Trammell, had become frustrated with another dog owner who she claims was not cleaning up his dog's feces.
According to the affidavit, Trammell picked up the feces and threw it at the dog's owner. She then picked up a large, jagged rock and threw it at the man's body. The rock missed the man by six inches. Due to the size and close proximity of the rock to the victim, officers said it could have caused serious bodily injury.
It didn't stop there. Police said Trammell also spit in the man's face.
After the incident, Trammell reportedly attacked another person. She admits she became angry because that dog owner did not have his animal on a leash. Police say Trammell grabbed the owner's leash, cutting his hand and seriously injuring him.
Trammell's bond has been set at $7,000. She has requested a Mental Health/Mental Retardation (MHMR) attorney to represent her.
Thursday evening the vast majority of the local dog owners who spoke to KVUE News -- KENS 5's sister station in Austin -- reacting to Trammell’s arrest said they understand her frustration but they also thought she went about things the wrong way.
“I think that that's a little bit too much, a little bit overboard, but I guess I can understand the frustration though," said Daniel Heydenburg, a local dog owner.
KVUE went to Auditorium Shores along Lady Bird Lake to see if the city's Scoop the Poop campaign was having an effect. An overwhelming majority of joggers and dog walkers said it is.
“Most people are self-conscious enough to know what's right and wrong and I think the city has a pretty good message about it," said dog owner Jay Willingham.
Trammell is facing two to 20 years in prison and a possible $10,000 fine.

(http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/212488111.html)
https://facebook.com/CentralFloridaZClub