View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #38 (permalink)
Pro4Jackster
Base Member

Drives: '08 350Z
Pro4Jackster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0velMan View Post
Tuner means it doesn't come with injectors, fuel pump or tuning license/maps.

You can get it pretty cheap. You have to spend for all that stuff though, so he's pretty much lying out his *** if he is trying to say it cost him $5300 out the door.

I'd venture a guess and say he's around $8000 spent total, if nothing had to be done and re-done multiple times (racking up lots of labor cost).
You are right. I already had fuel pump, injectors, and uprev sitting in the garage. They can be found used very cheap, because people constantly upgrade. "Tuner kit" goes for $5200, just as I stated. No need to call me a liar. I never said out the door. And I'm not trying to be "pro Stillen", because their salesmen are a bunch of idiots. I wanted what I wanted ( a vortech blower), and I'm happy with my purchase. I didn't come here to argue. I saw a question I thought I could answer, so I made a huge mistake and commented in a GTM vs. Stillen thread. Something I hope to never do again. There is no perfect kit for everyone's goals. Thats why there are options. If your goal is max power at every Rpm, go TT. If your goal is to have a DD that your wife can drive on wet pavement, but still have good power above 4500 RPMs, get a Stillen. That is my opinion. That is not fact. Now please continue with the endless debate.