View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #4958 (permalink)
Pintsize725
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2016 Mazda 6
Pintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Fair enough You're absolutely right. I'd be jealous of someone getting to drive at COTA in their ...
( Click to show/hide )
Prius

Yup... you read that right

better yet... just post them on tinypic... that'll solve Mu's problem

Hey BoobieZ Hope the car gets all sorted for you. Please be sure to follow up about the chime issue on your Z. I'm very interested if the dealer is able to fix it via software or some other reset process or whether a piece of hardware is actually malfunctioning.

Speaking of weird issues on the Z, Ms. Pint was experiencing something weird when starting the car. Tracie, did you find anything? I did some digging yesterday, but didn't come up with anything. Basically, the car acts like it's going to turn on after a delay (some associate it with the steering lock fuse removal), but instead of cranking over completely, the car just goes to ACC. I believe she is able to turn the car of and then turn it on again without issue - please correct me if this is wrong, Tracie. If anyone has any thoughts, please share them
I didn't even have time yesterday to look into it. Saturday I went home and crashed. It's happened about 3-4 times now. I'll go to turn on the car and there is a small delay, then the car kicks into ACC and the brake pedal gets stiff. I take my foot off, try to depress the brake again but it usually feels locked up, and press the button and it kicks over the second time.

I don't know if it's associated with it, but, my ECU whine has been horrible the last few days.