View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #195 (permalink)
Mr&Mrs
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: RZ34
Mr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoquad View Post
Sony deserves plenty of credit for how they played the media. I don't care if it was "Business 101", they are a business. Microsoft is also a business and should have known better than making a huge PR mistake during the biggest consumer electronics show of the year and on the dawn of releasing their next console. But I can also agree that an informed consumer will judge the consoles on their merits and care less about PR. Unfortunately, the mass populace is not completely composed of informed or objective consumers.
I get it! I agree the PR sucked lets move on. I am just trying to say lets think about it not sounding bad in their heads until they said it. We know we have all done that before

Quote:
That's just you, then. Plenty of people sell back their disks, because after a year or so, your 60 dollar game just isn't worth that, whether you shine it up and keep it on a shelf or trade it back. YOU might think it's worth that, but you've already spent your 60 dollars and now the game is just a memento of what was. It's a bit ridiculous to me to say that it's a "revolution" for you to not have a stack of disk, when you could have just taken them to a gamestop and sold them for chicken feed. But I also understand cloud gaming advantages. I get that. I just don't buy your "revolution" argument as it relates to clutter... clean your room
I never said I think its even worth a 1.00. It isnt worth it to me to let someone else rip off me and kids that dont know any better. These trade in places have ruined the resale of our used games. Almost how eBay drives down prices of collectables because you can hop online and find a bunch of the same item and people driving the prices down.

You think someone that worries about finger prints on a book no one sees has a dirty room?

Quote:
In the last 5-10 years, have you NEVER once had an internet service outage? Not once? Because not everyone falls into that category. Sometimes my internet service has an issue, but I'd still like to play a game. It's a valid complaint. Unless MS was providing and guaranteeing that connection, they shouldn't make your every gameplay experience hinge on it. And if you go to Zdayz or a remote mountain resort, you will not have internet in your cabin.
Yes I have. This is another one of those topics that was blown out of proportion. The odds of not having internet for more than 24 hours are slim to none. So up to 24 hours without internet you could game offline. Worst case your system validated 23 hours and 59 minutes before the outage. If your internet is down for more than 48 hours your probably without power as well. Plus if you dont have internet you can get a 360

Edit: The last thing im going to be thinking about on a vacation in the mountains with my Z is internet.

Quote:
And again, out of those 70 million, how many have had an outage now and again, but still have power on?
Read Above

Quote:
Advantage: PS4
Agreed, but read above.

Quote:
So now it's good business practice to throw away indie gamers?! lol wow, that's stretching. Would it not be prudent to encourage more and more young and emerging developing talent to develop for one's console and market their experiments on there? Doesn't that bode for a brighter future? XBox took advantage of that in the last generation and are now ignoring it, and you're praising them for it... Now who's pig-headed?
They are not throwing them away just forcing some of them away. No I do not have a problem with that.

Quote:
They went cheaper. Their product is cheaper but costs more. Here's business 101 for you.
They went cheaper but the higher costs is to still off set the loss on the system. Parts alone are not the entire manufacturing process.

Quote:
Online experience isn't a big sell for me. I will miss my XBL friends, but I'll make others in PS land.
Quote:
What I find hilarious is how "not having disks cluttering my house because I refuse to sell them" and "having multiple remote controls" constitutes reason for a "revolution in gaming" by using cloud games and having a voice activated Xbox control your various systems. If that does it for you, then great, but I don't find anything revolutionary about that, in the least. So revolutionary that a PC with steam has been capable of doing it for how long? And is Sony totally ignoring cloud gaming? Any word on that?
You said it your self. It has never been done on a gaming console. No matter how you look at it, that is a revolution for this market. No word on Sony cloud, their heads are still up there from all their pre-sales. Which I am part of -

Quote:
There are people who enjoy game consoles for bei ng, well, game consoles. To me, there's little beneficial about making them into less capable computers and entertainment centers that also happen to play games.

Your volley
I do not like the social integration but that is just me as well. The new younger generation does want these things to happen. We are just getting older and dont like the change. Understanding it has made it easier for me. Whether we like it or not the changes are coming and as long as we enjoy video games its something to deal with.

Last edited by Mr&Mrs; 06-21-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Mr&Mrs is offline   Reply With Quote