View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 12:14 PM   #4500 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcherry20 View Post
this is something I WILL NOT stand for.
This is going to be ugly.
Calming down before I talk to my sr. manager.
and it was a woman, one with which I thought there was some mutual respect.
Obviously I was wrong.

ME TOO!! Kind of a weird graduation year...are we 80s kids or 70s?! LOL! NOw I like you even more Gurney!! You too Onze!!!
No, I consider myself a 60's kid and feel very lucky about it. Think about it:

- probably the last generation to grow up playing until the street lights came on;
- the beginning of the Space program when a launch was really special;
- TV was in its infancy, just three networks;
- you rode your bike everywhere;
- you walked to school;
- Saturday mornings were special because of the cartoons;
- no DVR's so you actually anticipated the Charlie Brown Halloween and Christmas shows and Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer.
- someone delivered fresh milk to your house;
- gas station attendants;
- etc., etc.

We were also young enough to not understand the significance of the Vietnam war, the horrible racial injustice (Birmingham 1963), and the rest of the downside of the 60's.

As a child, we used to spend the summers at my grandparents' house in Indialantic FL. They lived one block off the beach. Can you imagine sending off a group of kids ranging in age from 5 (me) to 12 (my youngest aunt) with a bag of sandwiches and a thermos of Kool Ade by themselves to go to the beach? Did it all the time back then.

Sorry for the fillibuster.

I get into these types discussions with friends all the time. I was in the first class of my elementary (parochial) school that went from kindergarten to eighth grade. Almost all of us preferred elementary school to high school and college.

Like I mentioned above, plenty of horrible things happened in the 60's. I am just glad I was young enough to experience some the great things.
Waiting on the Z35! SOLD - 2011 Gun Metallic Touring 7AT w Sports Pkg & Nav, Nismo Bumper and Rims, RC Grille, RC Brake Ducts, H&R Spacers, Painted Door Hdls, GTR Start Button, Nav By-Pass, EVO R Fog Light, CF Ducktail, CF Interior Trim