View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 08:28 AM   #4480 (permalink)
LunaZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Project: a white one
LunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday I did this with my Z:
I was holding 3rd at about 5K around my favourite on-ramp when I spied a GTI ahead of me. I increased my speed a little to catch up to him as I rounded the 270° decreasing radius corner. As I neared the end of the ramp, I felt the car bobble a little... which I chalked up to me left foot braking in flip flops, but it wasn't. It was a foreshadowing of what was about to happen.
As I exited the ramp side-by-side with the GTI, I put my foot down and grabbed 4th. Then there was nothing.
Suddenly I realised I had sloshed what was left of my 1/4 tank of gas far, far away from the fuel pickup and I was suddenly left looking very foolish when the kid in the GTI looked over at me with a puzzled look on his face as I put the clutch in and coasted to the shoulder.
The car started back up a few seconds later, and of course my trip meter told me I needed to get gas. Over the next few minutes of driving, I watched the LEDs in the fuel gauge light up as if I was spontaneously growing gasoline in my tank.
Act like a tool, made to look like a fool. I had to laugh at myself.

2009 370Z Sport/Touring/Navigation | see my journal for mods
facebook: Be my friend... or not.