View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 11:13 AM   #261 (permalink)
wildmark
Base Member

Drives: Chevy SS, FX50S
wildmark is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brn5150 View Post
So..... Exhaust is installed. I love it, and it is exactly what it needed to be. I never told the wife, and dont plan on doing so This is my second "aftermarket" exhaust I have put on a car, so I have a little bit of experience, not as much as others on the board. Last exhaust was NISMO for V6 Altima

Went on pretty easy with the dealer techs. They did wish it came w/new gaskets/bolts, but my car only has 4k miles on it, so it was a very easy swap.

Initial impressions after driving home with the top down.... Looks pretty nice from "straight behind" veiw. Once you go to three quarter view, the tips look pretty big/come down below the bumper. It doesnt look "rice", but doesnt look as nice as NISMO in my opinion. I would rate "sleekness" as a 7 out of 10 compared to stock look.

I dont think it is Stillens "fault", more the challenge with the way the bumper cover is shaped/stops at the exhaust tips.

Quality/fit/finish is OEM quality and have no worries this thing is going to break any time soon.

Sound, very subjective and still needs to burn in a little. VERY close to stock. ZERO drone, little "deeper" sound on start up, and wide open throttle is a little more "bite" to it. This is a "sleeper" system until you hammer it. The only give away are the tips.

Please know, I already had dual K&N intakes installed, so there isnt as much "wow" factor right out of the gate.

Performance? I can tell a little bit of a difference in the "seat of the pants", but maybe not as much as you might w/o and intake already on. Definately breathes better in the mid-range.

Overall, Stillen service was great, price was pretty good, and quality is OEM or better. Very happy. Overall, very ahpy with my purchase.

Best part, I got the exhaust on and any performance gains and the wife should not really notice

I hope this helps!
Sounds great you will have to do an update when its worked in, I would also love to see a pic of the pipes..?
wildmark is offline   Reply With Quote