View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 07:58 AM   #52 (permalink)
bfowlzr33
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z SR M6
bfowlzr33 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
Yeah, that's exactly what I said, Captain Hyperbole. I'm more concerned with the softer stuff under the car, like rubber bushings and wires. The exhaust gas itself is much hotter than the pipe, and now it's coming out in all directions. The point where the leak is created is fairly close to the diff bushings and what looks like the wires to the wheel speed sensors for the ABS system. The heat shield is under where the muffler is located, and you've created a leak in front of it. Nothing's going to break immediately, but the excess heat is not great over the long term.
there no excess heat! i dont know where youre getting this? how does making an exhaust leak make the exhaust "hotter"??? it doesnt? and its not "coming out in all directions" ive seen people with the washer "mod" start thier cars in the morning after sitting all night in the cold and you can clearly see that the exhaust actually still comes out of the muffler. SMALL SMALL amounts of exhaust actually come out of the leak you create from a washer mod because the gap is so minimal. but i totally agree its not good to have the leak even though it wont do anything to damage your vehicle unless you have a HUGE gap and you put way too many washers in there. the only thing we agree on here is that the washer mod should not be a permanent fix to the crap stock exhaust
bfowlzr33 is offline   Reply With Quote