View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #296 (permalink)
Elan
Track Member

Drives: Airplanes
Elan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond repute

I've pulled up to two Nissan dealerships for service/recall and everyone was staring. Finally one of the service guys came up and said "Wow I've never seen a red one yet. When we're done with the service, just don't look at the odometer". I got a kick out of that one.
Aside from the stares and pointing I get, I've had a 350Z owner drive out of his way to the gas station I was at. Came out to look at my car and ask questions because he has never seen a 370Z Nismo before. After that, he jumped back in and drove off. Feels pretty good when people go out of their way to look at the car.

I find it awkward when people stare at me in traffic so thats why I got dark tints. Sometimes I feel like they think I am driving daddy's car because I am only 21. I am paying for it myself as a commercial pilot. When people tell me I am too young for it or it's daddy's car I just tell them "Well I can fly airplanes pretty well so this is nothing". Usually shuts them up pretty quickly.
2009 370Z NISMO #477 | AAM Competition Short Tails | AAM Competition HFCs | K&N Typhoon CAI | Kenwood DPX300U | Rockford Fosgate PRIME R300-4 | Rockford Fosgate Punch P165 | Rockford Fosgate Punch P300-12 | Polk Audio db1001 | 15% Tints | GTR Start Button |
Elan is offline   Reply With Quote