View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #42 (permalink)
bfowlzr33
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z SR M6
bfowlzr33 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
I'd be more concerned about the heat from the exhaust around parts that weren't intended to be in the exhaust stream. If I were seriously considering this, I'd either buy a used set of short tails or have a buddy with a welder cut open my muffler, weld some pipe between the inlets and outlets bypassing any baffles, and seal it back up.
hes right, opening the exhaust no more than two millimeters will cause the exhaust to become three times as hot, therefore melting right through your multiple heat shields you have down there and exploding your gas tank while your driving past a crowd of people at a mall on a friday night.

im not for the washer mod at all its rice as crap and should not be a permanent "mod" (i dont even want to call it that) but i dont know what "stream" you are talking about and also look under your car and notice all the heat shields that are there. your exhaust is going to get hot and give off heat weather you have a leak or not, having a leak isnt going to burn anything up or make the exhaust any hotter than it would be without a leak theres really nothing to worry about except getting water up in your exhaust when you go through a car wash.

yea i did put some washers on a couple days before my AAM exhaust got to me just to see what it sounded like and suprisingly didnt sound too bad, but at the same time i was thinking god people actually do this to their z as a permanent fix to the exhasut being dull and quiet. its really just dumb lol
bfowlzr33 is offline   Reply With Quote