View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 07:37 AM   #32 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan View Post
OK, I don't track (yet).
a) What is a lightning lap? (Guessing it is one car on the track going for best time)
b) Going to have to admit not everyone here knows why the Z was getting poor lap times. Enlighten. Based on the video, looked like car & driver had that course nailed.

I live in the south, wish there were more road courses around here & not just ovals. That looked like more fun than I've had in a long time.
Lighting Lap is done by one of the magazine companies, they take each new car per year and race it around a track (I think VIR). And then report the times and compare it to others, the Z crashed at the event because of brake issues.
Other car magazine tests have put the Z in a decent spot light per numbers v other cars but it always has gotten dinged because everyone refers back to its bad results at the Lighting Lap test.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote