View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 06:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alstann View Post
I finished my clutch and flywheel install last tuesday morning - man, that was fun!

Nissan sure was kind in making all the electrical connectors around the tranny removable by unbolting them - that was neat. I got the tranny out pretty easy and straightforward, the DXD kit and HD CSC installed perfectly, and everything came back together no hassle. Just took a bit longer than I thought because of the stupid clutch line flare nut being stuck, but nothing a micro torch couldn't provoke loose.

Worst part was I tipped the end of the tranny by accident, and spilled what must have been a quart of fluid. Whoops. Had to make a trip to AutoZone for some Mobil-1 75w-90 for now, but later I'll have some Redline oil in there.

In any case, speaking of the master cylinder, I found some funny behavior - I'm 300 miles into break in, so I still have some miles left, but sometimes, the pedal will be soft until halfway down, where it becomes hard again. And after a few clutch ins, the pedal will be normal again, where it is hard all the way through the travel. Is this a sign of failing CMC? Or is it just that it's gonna be wonky until it's more broken in?

Also, wouldn't getting an OEM CMC just have the same issue?
Try bleeding it.

My clutch would start out firm (or so I thought) and after a short drive I would experience what you described. Soft pedal until half way to the floor. The pedal would come back after the car sat for a few hours.

I replaced the CMC and it has been perfect. The pedal is more firm than original, and the firm feel starts within .5"-1" of taking up the slack.