View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 11:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Alstann
Track Member

Drives: 12 PW 370z 6MT Sport
Alstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to all

I finished my clutch and flywheel install last tuesday morning - man, that was fun!

Nissan sure was kind in making all the electrical connectors around the tranny removable by unbolting them - that was neat. I got the tranny out pretty easy and straightforward, the DXD kit and HD CSC installed perfectly, and everything came back together no hassle. Just took a bit longer than I thought because of the stupid clutch line flare nut being stuck, but nothing a micro torch couldn't provoke loose.

Worst part was I tipped the end of the tranny by accident, and spilled what must have been a quart of fluid. Whoops. Had to make a trip to AutoZone for some Mobil-1 75w-90 for now, but later I'll have some Redline oil in there.

In any case, speaking of the master cylinder, I found some funny behavior - I'm 300 miles into break in, so I still have some miles left, but sometimes, the pedal will be soft until halfway down, where it becomes hard again. And after a few clutch ins, the pedal will be normal again, where it is hard all the way through the travel. Is this a sign of failing CMC? Or is it just that it's gonna be wonky until it's more broken in?

Also, wouldn't getting an OEM CMC just have the same issue?