View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Replacing 370Z Rotors

I'm looking at replacing my brake rotors because I'm getting vibration when braking at more than 40 mph. I'm looking for budget oriented street rotors that can also be used for some light track duty that I hope will be in my future someday. I have decided on the Hawk Performance Ceramic pads for daily use (mostly because of my previous experience with them). I plan to switch over to Carbotech XP8s if I ever make it out to a track.

Regarding the Z1 brake rotors, does anyone know what blanks they use? I found a 3 year old post here that matches what their website says they use, which is BPI blanks (I have no clue who this company is). But I also found a less than year old post here on this forum where Z1 says they are Centric (I know these guys and have used their PowerSlot rotors previously with good experience).

Also regarding the Z1 cross drilled and slotted rotors, can someone confirm whether the cross drilled holes are chamfered or not?

The other rotors I am looking at are the EBC USR Ultimax slotted rotors. I would be interested if anyone has any negative comments on these - I have heard several positive reviews from fellow members. The only complaint I have is they are painted black but it just wears off during the bedding process It think it would be pretty cool if they stayed black.

I looked at the DBA rotors (5000 for front, 4000 for rear), but they're just a tad expensive. If anyone else has a quality recommendation, I am open to it, but please keep in mind that I have looked at most of the standard options (OEM, Centric, StopTech, PowerSlot, PowerStop etc) and narrowed it down to the two I listed above.

Thanks in advance

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote