View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 01:01 PM   #73 (permalink)
Technik330
Base Member

Drives: 05' BMW 330Ci ZHP
Technik330 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
This post is a fail, not because you are wrong, but because you are addressing the guy's point incorrectly.

In his nonsensical tirade, he mentioned cars over-seas being 300-500 lbs. lighter due to the "lack of safety regulations" and "metallurgy." He really is under the impression that cars in Japan don't have bumper-supports, side-impact beams, or perhaps even frame-rails.

You are correct, though...there are lighter, more race-oriented trims levels sold elsewhere, and the Spec-C and CSL are good examples. They are not, however, related to his profound and eloquent points of view.
LMAO, a fail is lame, I'd go with a factual tangent-

I should've posted a little more specifically, the cars I mentioned are cars that aren't available here due to our DOT regulations, which make them lighter, more agile, quicker etc becuase they can avoid these regulations.

I was going to use the glass in JDM Hondas; of which I wouldn't call safe glass, like we have here. It's lighter, but breaks into sharper pieces, not like DOT glass here. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong- The cars I noted are cogent examples of what he's eluding to, less safety, better materials, higher cost

Thanks,

-Chris
Technik330 is offline   Reply With Quote