View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #28 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
I am over myself. All I did was ask you a question because you told me something that was irrelevant. I know what Y pipe I want (did want) and if I need a cat ill buy one. Therefore the buy two motordyne comment wasn't needed so I asked if you read the OP. no need to call me an ***.

Lmao how am I going about it the wrong way if like you said adding your resonator back in will make your car louder?? Seems like I'm going about it the best way. And when did I say you didn't have knowledge? Miracle! I didn't. But you must not have a great knowledge at reading since you told me two things I simply said weren't going to happen. That's all, nothing more, nothing less. And who said I would buy something that bolts in? I make my own stuff and I can see many hfc I can buy and weld in for the size I'd need.
Actually, the resonator will make it quieter. Yes a HFC/cat will quiet things down compared to an open pipe, but muffler is nowhere in the description. You implied my ignorance on your followup post
Quote:
And thanks for the kindergarten lessen for someone who knows more about cars than I bet you do.
Now your just insulting me. Let me break down where the confusion is. Black and red is you with red being the sentence in question, blue is me interpreting that sentence.

Quote:
Ok first I couldn't find this answer and frankly never read or heard anyone say anything about it ever so I'm asking now.

I like fast intentions stuff because of the quality of non restricted flow they have when they sand down the welds on the inside!! Big plus to me. But their stuff is expensive. To keep down on the cost I decided to go with their resonated test pipes.(No problem here, RTP's, you removed the stock cats) Also I'm all about weight and power so no HFC's for me even if they were the same price. So from my understanding, you do not want cats, which you state here)

Now I don't think Top Speeds quality on the inside will be the same but because they're so cheap and people here like them and they fit good and have good power I'm going with the single 70mm CBE with a 12" resonator in the mid section and the 8" resonator in the middle above the two mufflers in the back. Plus their Y pipe too.(You decided on the TS exhaust. Yes, I know it comes with a Y pipe. The Y pipe still maintains the stock mounting points)

So ill have two resonators in the TP's, one in the mid pipe and one coming off the split for the mufflers. I have a feeling this might still be really loud so time for my question!!You think it's too loud, most of us think now "He doesn't want cats, it's too loud, okay... Resonator then is a good recommendation

Where can you install a catalitic converter????( WTF?!? Why is OP asking about the part he says he doesn't want?) I assume since most are installed at the motor they need heat to work! But I don't care if they "work." I care that if I want to install just 1 down the road to cut down on loudness and cost ill just add a 70mm 100-200-300 cell cat in the mid pipe like before or after the mid pipes 12" resonator. (So you understand a bit about cats... Okay, then maybe he wants it for another reason outside of using it as a muffler? I'll recommend the easiest way to implement a cat in the midpipe without hacking up the exhaust. He can sell the current Y pipe and get some cash back.)

What do you all think?
Recommend Motordyne Y pipe with an optional high flow cat. OP now does not have to rip apart his new exhaust and if it not what he wanted, he can:
1: Sell the MD Y pipe and HFC
2: Try the resonator option (or make your own to bolt right in because you clam to fab your own stuff)
3: Do the straight pipe where the HFC would be instead if it is not what you wanted.
4: I even mentioned the Litespeed Y pipe and resonator as well

Then another member damn near posted my recommendations verbatim. Man, we both must have misread your first post... Doubtful.

Quote:
I don't want hfc's. did you read my OP?
Now this is insulting. Now you question my intelligence on the matter. This in turn led me to believe you are being an @ss. So I tell you... And then give you a followup option, and explaining that your first post is retarded then because the info does not make sense. Maybe I should have said "confusing" instead of retarded. You get butt hurt and proclaim your OP is perfectly fine. You then puff your chest and insist I read it wrong, then list Cell densities... because this is a "performance" forum?!?! How long have you been reading here? People ask questions about stock cats and high flow cats ALL THE TIME. FYI, this is a tech area within a Z forum, not "performance forum".

So after all this, I continue to assist, I spent 3 months planning my first batch of mods while I was away from home the first time. I measured inner and outer diameters, I looked at headers, I worried about rasp, I worried about fitment. I went through it already. Why watch some other dude go through the same $hit when I can help? So I again shrugged off your remarks and explained I've gone through this. Yeah I was being facetious and snide; After calling me Chief and Cupcake, then implying I have elementary knowledge on the subject, I think it was in line with our exchange.

I'm done trying to help you. In reality, your exhaust will look so busted and janky after you hack it to pieces, it will make for entertainment in the future, I'll look forward to it. I hope you dedicate post 50 to me too

SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote