View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 11:17 AM   #27 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Firehawk View Post
If you are getting cats to adjust sound but want maximum performance, you are going about it wrong. I happen to run a cat in my midpipe. It works just fine. I have pictures videos, dyno sheets, everything you were asking. I did not run it to make my exhaust quieter. I ran it because I didn't want the fumes. Not only that, it is connected to a 70mm Y pipe with an exhaust that has a similar db rating. To make this even more interesting, I run long tubes, matching the db and rasp TP's give. Holy shat, I know WTF I'm talking about! Miracle! 70mm is 2.75", there are no cats on the market that directly bolt on in that size. However there are at 3". It still works just fine. To quantify my understanding to your issue, I also bought a resonator I can swap out with the HFC. All is takes is a V clamp and two bolts. Now all of a sudden, I can change how loud the car is.

If you can get over yourself and look at my journal, I have links on the top of my page. And I was actually trying to help you out. Let me know when you come back down to earth. I didn't brag about being where I am or doing what I do. I poked fun at it after the fact. My rank is not a Chief and you haven't been on your knees long enough to call me cupcake. Hopefully you actually find what the hell your looking for. I've been there and done that.
I am over myself. All I did was ask you a question because you told me something that was irrelevant. I know what Y pipe I want (did want) and if I need a cat ill buy one. Therefore the buy two motordyne comment wasn't needed so I asked if you read the OP. no need to call me an ***.

Lmao how am I going about it the wrong way if like you said adding your resonator back in will make your car louder?? Seems like I'm going about it the best way. And when did I say you didn't have knowledge? Miracle! I didn't. But you must not have a great knowledge at reading since you told me two things I simply said weren't going to happen. That's all, nothing more, nothing less. And who said I would buy something that bolts in? I make my own stuff and I can see many hfc I can buy and weld in for the size I'd need.