View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 11:05 AM   #37 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintsize725 View Post
I <3 my AT but would have gotten manual if I were taller. I must not have faux downshifting down, though, because mine sounds pretty angry after the first DS.
I have 6MT with stock exhaust, and I have driven Tracie's 7AT with FI exhaust. Undoubtedly, her's is the meaner of the two. The sound even when not in manual mode is a symphony of harmonious tunes, whereas mine, unless WOT, is mostly just hazardous fumes. I have driven both down Lime Creek, although I didn't drive her Z in manual mode because my paddle shifting is poor at best (my left foot gets really confused) and I had never driven her car before, much less on a road like Lime Creek. The MT is of course more comfortable to me, but I can imagine the 7AT ripping up that road same as mine does. I have absolutely no beef with those that drive an automatic and having one certainly doesn't imply you aren't a true driving enthusiast. But for me, the manual transmission will always be one of those things that attests to my love of driving and desire to be one with the car

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |