View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #26 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
I did, see nothing wrong. Don't want a cat unless i need it for sound and when im talking about cats i think people get the point Cupcake since this is a performance forum. not to mention i said 100-200-300 cell cat. you know any stock cats running that big?! If I do need one will it do anything in the mid pipe? Pretty simple.

Easy Chief. You can't tell what my face was like, my demeanor or the context of me asking if you read my OP. so pull your head out of your *** tough guy. I could care less where you're at right now. And thanks for the kindergarten lessen for someone who knows more about cars than I bet you do.
If you are getting cats to adjust sound but want maximum performance, you are going about it wrong. I happen to run a cat in my midpipe. It works just fine. I have pictures videos, dyno sheets, everything you were asking. I did not run it to make my exhaust quieter. I ran it because I didn't want the fumes. Not only that, it is connected to a 70mm Y pipe with an exhaust that has a similar db rating. To make this even more interesting, I run long tubes, matching the db and rasp TP's give. Holy shat, I know WTF I'm talking about! Miracle! 70mm is 2.75", there are no cats on the market that directly bolt on in that size. However there are at 3". It still works just fine. To quantify my understanding to your issue, I also bought a resonator I can swap out with the HFC. All is takes is a V clamp and two bolts. Now all of a sudden, I can change how loud the car is.

If you can get over yourself and look at my journal, I have links on the top of my page. And I was actually trying to help you out. Let me know when you come back down to earth. I didn't brag about being where I am or doing what I do. I poked fun at it after the fact. My rank is not a Chief and you haven't been on your knees long enough to call me cupcake. Hopefully you actually find what the hell your looking for. I've been there and done that.

SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote