View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #25 (permalink)
cv129
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nismo, 16 Nismo
cv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joepro View Post
Michelin has a lot of people drinking their special juice...and it is currently leaving a bad aftertaste in my mouth...
Even engineers at Ferrari got fooled lol

Monsters of Grip: Nine Summer-Performance Tires Tested Comparison Tests - Page 10 - Car and Driver

Perhaps the slightly rounder/fatter sidewall doesn't fit your driving style or what you deem the most important. I think the stiffer sidewall tires can give the illusion of faster cornering, and that may be true on a perfectly flat surface, but that's not necessarily true on uneven street surface?

And "very close to stock" alignment....a hair bit amount of toe change can hugely affect handling (I thought lowering also affect toe?).

I also wonder if stiffer spring magnifies the softer sidewall too (more compression force acting on the tire hence more sidewall flex maybe?)

Last edited by cv129; 05-24-2013 at 06:41 PM.
cv129 is offline   Reply With Quote